Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The comparison I would like to see

I'm sure you understand that the receiver was made for Best Buy. It is their own brand made for them by some third world power that just wants business. Hopefully, like other manufacturers it isn't abusing child labor. That in itself would be a tragedy as many clothes manufacturers were guilty of in the past. Even though back in the day the labor and parts were a lot less costly it was still more to buy something American made than Japan or China. But also, back in the day no American would ever think of buying from a foreign manufacturer because their manufacturing practices were supposedly sub-standard than ours and loyalty to the country. Not so any more. Some of these other countries can do it as good and in a lot of cases even better for less $$$$$$$$$$$, sad to say. And the Almighty dollar is what talks nowadays.

With that said, and I have no problem with somebody making a living but Obama is raising the minimum wage to $10(something) and hour and god bless the people who need that. But guess who is picking up the expense? The end user! The manufacturers never pays for anything(labor wages, taxes, etc.). The end user does. China has different work standards and work ethics and their products are much cheaper than we can make it here so they are much cheaper to buy, until a U.S. importer who thinks he is stepping into it big time gets their hands on it. Then the product goes up in price into the stratosphere.

With all that said, an $89 receiver can sound very good and as good as our receivers are but you will be told from the American retailer it isn't as good or as good sounding. Maybe and maybe not! Price doesn't always guarantee success. Look at the Hyundai Sonata or KIA Optima. Absolutely gorgeous with probably the best warrantee in the car industry, period! Priced right as compared to our vehicles and every bit as good. Hyundai even has a $70,000 car but far and few between have sold because in that price league most would go either Mercedes, Lexus(Toyota), Infiniti(Nissan), or BMW but I have driven the car and it is every bit as good as either one of the others. Mercedes, BMW, or the others will get the nod each and every time up in that price category and for the life of me I have no idea why except for familiarity of those products. But they are not a better car by any stretch. But up in that price league it really doesn't matter any more. Those buyers only ask when it can be delivered.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.