Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Opinions on some vintage gear

Been out of the loop for a day or two. Haven't forgotten things like Mac or Marantz, just haven't got there yet! LOL!

Seriously I am hoping this will turn into a fun thread where people post their opinions, favorites and better yet obscure pieces under the radar that kick butt!
Also when people choose something, why did they choose it? Build, reputation, house sound, sound quality overall.

I have become more convinced that for a fraction of what most of today's high end goes for one can purchase older high end, including repairs. Back then there was a plethora of excellent mainstream equipment and brands available, the heyday of many before BPC. Mac, GAS, Threshold, Forte, Marantz, HK, KLH, JBL, Advent, Bozack, EPI, ADS, on and on and on.

It appears a whole lot more diversity available. And now those high end pieces are available at good prices, prices that would get upper mid-fi to lower high-end today. And available to far more people.

For me, it seems the choice is clear and besides the fun, nostalgia factor are just plain cool!

Enough rambling, now it's your turn guys/gals turn!

Best,

Dave

Edits: 03/08/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.