Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Sure I can.

One of the biggest gains to be had after a GZ34 is putting a 35uf unlytic poly capacitor in place of the 20uf electrolytic.Then goes a 4.7k huntington non-inductive resistor which is the same as the Mills non inductive type,and that separates the next two sections which you to 100uf each so a dual 100 JJ works well there.The 5uf electrolytic feeds the screen of the 7199 pentode part of the tube,I use a 5uf poly there as it decouples that grid.
Then you get up in the phono where you 20uf and a 30uf for filter.use a dual 50uf F&T there or a dual 100uf..50uf is more than adequate but I used a dual 100uf..
The other filter cap is the POS ground phono tube filament and negative bias filter cap..I just put three 220uf muses on a terminal strip along with a pair of uf4007s,
The rest of the amp I a combo of k40y and CDE PIOS on the outputs and drivers and in the feedback,and I put mundorfs off the preamp.
You want to use most of the original coupling caps as they a true film and foil and they sound great in most places an don't wear out..Now,there are several more parts but I have to detail it.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sure I can. - Michael Samra 18:39:33 03/07/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.