Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Mac-30s & C-8s

Yes
I have done several of those but the C8s I wouldn't bother with.They work but they depend on the power supply of the amps unless you build a separate power supply to run each C8,that would work well.
On the Mc30s if you are going to run them on electrostatic speakers, it is best to use a film cap power supply as I did here.I use a 100uf@600v EC concepts poly along with two 30uf@600v polys.I use 60uf off the 5U4 which is fine which is two in parallel and then I use the 100ufpoly in place of the 80uf section and then I use a 35uf@500v poly in place of the 10uf.
For the .047 uf caps you want to use k40s,vitaminQ pios,or silver micas as I did in these amps..I also used pio caps and nichicon muses for the other caps..I can give you the whole list of what I used.
Now,the 12k resistors have to be changed to 5 watt WW or carbon film.
Noticed I put the caps in with amazing goop which holds well and you can pull them off without chassis damage if you go back to original.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 03/07/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.