Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The Pio speakers may be just what you are looking for........

So i just wanted to give you guys an update on my quest to set up my first vinyl system. I did some more searching and i ended up finding a cheaper technics SL-23 for $90 in great condition and it also included a cartridge. So I'm feeling confident on that purchase. So after buying the turntable i decided to go to the local Stereo store to see what they can offer for speakers. I walked in and asked for some advice on 2 channel bookshelf speakers, i ended up listening to some Totem Rainmakers and Mites and some Boston acoustics. And man did the rainmakers sound amazing after comparing the 3 different speakers. But i couldn't justify 1000$ for just a pair of speakers unless i decided to get a receiver that would work for my whole tv and surround sound system and my digital music, paired with a phono pre amp for my turntable. But I'm not in need of all that yet. I was offered financing and all but i wasnt ready. I did ask about the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers and he said that they really weren't meant for 2 channel and they were more for surround sound systems, so i didn't press more about listening to them. I wish i did now as I'm composing this post. so ill go back and ask to listen to them. Any ways just wanted to give you guys an update on my quest. ill be bringing my vintage amp, tuner, and turntable and cd player to my local shop to get cleaned up and serviced tomorrow. Thanks all Dan.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.