Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Michael S., about your by-line.....

There is only one thing wrong with your argument Jim, and that is we are totally unable to reproduce the listening environment in which these recordings were made. Even though you might be able to reproduce what went on the record, we have no way of knowing what it sounded like in the venue in which it was recorded. Therefore, exact reproduction of the performance is not possible.Further more, the same symphony played in by the same muscians in a different hall will sound different. Some people will like one better than the other, but that does not make it better, only diffent. Beauty is in the eyes and ears of the beholder.

Looking at it another way; when you go to a performance what are you after? Why enjoyment of the music of course, and it has to sound good to you for you to enjoy it. I don't think it should be any different in the home environment. The fact that some of us like the sound of SE better than PP just points out that not everyone hears things the same way. To say that one is better than another is just a value judgement in the end.

Edits: 03/02/14 03/02/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.