Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Vintage Home Audio

I came across a web-site (http://www.vintagehomeaudio.com/web/Pages/Products.aspx) offering NOS (!) vintage equipment (mostly solid state, 70s or 80s vintage). They presented themselves as a store of completely new mid-fi equipment (JVC, Pioneer, strange Garrard turntables, etc.). Are they real deal? I am wonderign how all this equipment survived new in boxes up to the present day?

There are some items that are interesting to me: JVC XL-Z 1010 CD player (but the price is high - CAD 999.00), Pioneer PL-12DII belt drive TT (CAD 389.00), Lenco L133 T/T (CAD 289.99 - very cheap but is it a real Lenco?), Pioneer SA-8100 amplifier (CAD 799.00), very good AIWA cassette decks, etc.

I asked them a question about the voltage and they said "110v". I asked another question but there is no reply.

They remind me of another seller (an odd-looking guy demonstrating a huge store packed with mid-fi equipment of the same vintage - but no Nakamichi, Luxman, Sansui or Yamaha).

Any comments will be appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Vintage Home Audio - akolegov 06:43:16 02/26/14 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.