In Reply to: Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance posted by fstein on August 9, 2012 at 06:19:10:
Most tube amps from the 60's had high input impedances. The MC225 was 200,000 ohms and the PAS3x worked well with it.
A few SS power amps are up around 100k, also. Adcom GFA 535II for one. Dynaco ST120 for another. And the Phase Linear 700 into the Normal inputs. Lots more, I'm sure.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance - fstein 06:19:10 08/09/12 (6)
- RE: Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance - Bold Eagle 18:00:38 08/10/12 (2)
- RE: Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance - fstein 19:43:26 08/10/12 (1)
- RE: Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance - Bold Eagle 11:39:48 08/11/12 (0)
- The output impedance of the preamp is 1K ohms......... - viridian 13:51:07 08/09/12 (1)
- Loading the output impedance need not be that much higher... - Interstage Tranny 16:46:28 08/10/12 (0)
- RE: Dyna PAS2 preamp and amp impedance - Palustris 08:20:46 08/09/12 (0)