Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Glad you liked the clip... had a nice haul at my local CD shop last night

I have Uncle Meat and over 30 other Zappa albums on vinyl. I have some CD's too. I have been collecting Zappa since the 70's. I have "Year of the Cat" on MoFi vinyl. I picked it up when I worked in a high-end audio store in the 80's. I really have to have a compelling reason to buy something if I already have it on vinyl. I also find most of the reissues not compelling enough. The last thing I bought new was the Monkees’ "Head" on vinyl, and that was only because I could never find a used copy.

There is a local place here called "Joe's Record Paradise". They sell mostly records but also have a select, but very good used and new CD selection. The last thing I bought there was the Beatles Anthology II and III for a little over $6.00 each. I also have bought obscure CDs like Root Boy Slim. When I went there on "Record Store Day" I was the oldest guy in the place. I was very surprised to see middle school aged people searching through the record stacks, and they were about 50/50 male/female. There is hope.

I would have said the same thing about Jazz until recently. I scored quite a bit, including Coltrane, Charley Parker and Miles Davis on CD. I did shell out for the "Kind of Blue" vinyl/cd/dvd reissure a while back, but I got it very cheap, when the local f.y.e. was dumping it after Christmas when it came out.

I had a big classical CD haul this weekend. I got a bunch of Telarc, RCA and others. I paid $1.50 each. The pickings are very good for classical!

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.