Thank you for suggestions. Some are rare that finding one may be an issue & like a kid I want to play. Intregrated is easier for me as matching preamps can be difficult to find.
BTW- The beautiful Sansui AU-X701 was distroyed by FedEX. It was speared by a sharp object into the chassis & ripped thru the metal chassis. Real cute FedEx.
I find the Yamaha CA-1010 highly rated and available so I will find one. The Sony TA-1130 is a good suggestion, but rare. Is the TA-1150 the same but a different power rating of ??? I like smooth, but crystal clear & dynamic audio. Creamy or warm or typical run of the mill PP vintage amp tube distortion is no fun for me.
Philips? Not much for sale & overpriced IMO. What else should I seek? Marantz & McIntosh are of no interest right now. I owned a Marantz 2216 and the internal amp sonics was sorely lacking details & open dynamics.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New SS Amp Toy.......any others? - Neff 14:44:41 07/10/12 (18)
- RE: New SS Amp Toy.......any others? - fstein 18:12:52 07/14/12 (0)
- I think once you find a CA-1010 ... - reelsmith. 06:29:12 07/13/12 (0)
- BTW- Power Amp with Passive Pre - Neff 16:44:22 07/11/12 (9)
- RE: BTW- Power Amp with Passive Pre - Eli Duttman 17:56:16 07/11/12 (8)
- RE: BTW- Power Amp with Passive Pre - Bold Eagle 05:04:00 07/14/12 (7)
- RE: BTW- Vintage Power Amp with Passive Pre - Neff 06:14:54 07/14/12 (6)
- RE: BTW- Vintage Power Amp with Passive Pre - Bold Eagle 10:13:21 07/14/12 (5)
- RE: BTW- Vintage Power Amp with Passive Pre - Eli Duttman 13:11:20 07/14/12 (4)
- RE: New SS Amp Toy.......any others? - Crazy Dave 09:45:08 07/11/12 (3)
- RE: '80s Denon - Neff 17:09:37 07/12/12 (2)
- any others? maybe - merdy 08:45:29 07/11/12 (1)
- RE: any others? maybe - Crazy Dave 12:01:11 07/11/12 (0)