Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Interesting

I heard the Classic Audio Repo versions of the Hartsfields at a show in Ohio years ago. Ill never forget it. They were jamming Talking Heads stop making sense, at ear bleeding levels. I wanna say they were driving em with DeHavland 845 tube amps. Sounded really amazing. I was only in the room for a few mins. Clearly not long enough, not concentrated enough for serious recollection. But what I heard was great! Bass was there. But again, not long eval...

What do you think of the C34's bass?

I've been collecting allot of vintage stuff. Have 130As LE-14 175 drivers and mashers. So on... Im always wondering what to sell on to and what to keep. Obviously also how to use it all. Only so much time and money to sink into projects.

Thanks for the heart warming (for me) story. Own and love both JBL 4430 speakers, mains for now. And a pair of JBL 240Ti I need to refoam and wish to keep and love / use. Considering keeping a pair of HPM-100s I stumbled on but would love to have the Xovers reworked to a more flat response. For whatever reason I feel they have great potential.

Again great story

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Interesting - 2chJunkie 06:25:00 04/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.