Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Listened to a pair of JBL C-34's and amazed how little we have progressed in 60 years!!

I have been listening to a pair of JBL c-34's. I really didn't expect much but what I found is a lovely midrange that has great palpability. A dear friend is a reviewer for one of the largest online EZINEs. I get to listen to a lot of gear because manufacturers are constantly sending him new items to listen to. Anyway, to make a long story short I get the opportunity to listen to the c-34's and they sound great!! Ok they don't do everything perfectly but they really serve the music well. I could nit pick them but would rather listen to them. I can't say that with much of the high end gear that rolls into my friend's house! IMHO we really haven't progressed much in 60 years! Any other observations on this?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Listened to a pair of JBL C-34's and amazed how little we have progressed in 60 years!! - Baranyi 21:35:33 04/23/12 (44)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.