Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Drawings

$15 with the remote!

The DAD-7000 is small, but when you pick it up, it is quite solid. It took quite a lot of diasembly to change the belt in it (I used an o-ring from the hardware store), and I got a good look at it's guts. It is quite well built. Actually, it was my success with the Mission that had imboldened me to work on other CD Players.

In stock form I thought the Misson sounded great for something of its time perieod, but it did not stack up against late 80's and early 90's players that I have, soundwise. I had wondered why they were still bringing so much on ebay. I thought it was just nostalgia.

Those are very clear, consice instuctions. I think I can handle that. I will have to bush up on my soldering skills, because I have not done chipwork before. I have worked on mostly tube gear. I think that RadioShack has a practice kit.

I also have a working Magnavox FD1000 (Philips CDP-101). I wonder if that would be a good candide for this. It is already NOS but the brickwall filter does not do good things to the sound!

Thank you for all the help and advice!

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Drawings - Crazy Dave 14:37:07 05/14/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.