Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Scott R376 Class G?

I just drug home an old Scott R376 receiver that looks like it has been in a time capsule from the 1970's. Cost me over $14, too. This thing has a very pleasing appearance and sounds OK, too. The tuner is very good. Wish it had main ins and outs on the back. Then I could hook in an active crossover and use it as part of a bi-amp conflagration.

Found some suggestion on line that it either is or isn't class G. Anyone know? WTH is class G? I knew all that A, B, C stuff, but looks like there's been a lot added to the curriculum since those days.

Also, the online prevailing opinion (maybe from Orion) is that it is a 75 WPC receiver from the mid 1970's. But the power consumption numbers on the back are 220VA, 250W. I would expect this would put it under 50 WPC. It weighs like a 75 WPC radio, but I don't really know. I'm hoping it will be a good match for my 6-watt speakers, but maybe not. Anyone have any ideas on that?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Scott R376 Class G? - Lucas Membrane 16:12:33 09/09/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.