Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Kutztown meet = Most Excellent Adventure...

I also saw at least three Fisher tube receivers get sold very reasonably.
Tubes were plentiful and very reqasonably priced. You tube buyers who sit and buy new tube offerings from the comfart of your chairs miss out, big time !
Tubewise, at this show, I saw 45s, 2A3s, 250s, 280s, 226s, 227s, 56s, 6B4s, 6A3s, 10s, 7241s, German and British EL34s, USA fat glass 6CA7s, 7591s, a WE 350B, 421A and 310A, plus so many more....
Al Nico mentions that high end and state of the art goodies may not show in these meets, but they do pop up. In years past, I have seen some very high end goodies here. A mint Dared stereo SET 845 amp sold for under $700. Thorens, B&O, and Broadcast quality turntables often show up. I once bought a Mark Levinson head amp at this meet. Snell speakers show and sell. This show had one of the most expensive vintage tonearms sell- the Ortofon 309 16 incher. For a 40 year old tonearm, with a current severe worldwide demand, I would call that a state of the art tonearm.
So, while Krell and Wadia gear may be scarce at these shows, aren't they scarce anywhere ? I know that high end gear shows at flea markets, albeit rarely, but that's why we keep on going.
I think this DVHRC Kutztown event is a real happening. As Al says, it just gets better n better...the next event is in September...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Kutztown meet = Most Excellent Adventure... - Interstage Tranny 16:28:51 05/13/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.