Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Kutztown meet report.

The weather held out and about 45,000 square feet of indoor, including a little outdoor space was occupied by the electronics vendors. Saturday another 80 to 100 non electronics vendors populated the rest of the second pavilion and outdoor tables. These vendors bring electronic goodies with them too. About 10 Vintage Asylum members were there. The juke box club was there selling chances on a pretty? box. Tunes played all day and people were very pleasent.

On Friday night about 5 locations had listening sessions until pretty late. The $12. steak dinner was great then some shopping and listening was in order. Most places you stopped offered you water, beer or a coctail. I was given some first class martinis and nice sharp cheese. This meet is like old friends that meet twioce a year.

Here are some audio items I am aware of:
Simplex amplifiers. Some huge military audio amps.
Altec triode tubes, and lots of other audio tubes.
Rek-O-Cut TT. Weathers TT stuff
SS gear from many manufaturers. Some nice Marantz receivers.
Speakers from Marantz, Sansui, KLH, Dyna, JBL, Altec, EV, Utah, Bose, and a lot of others.
Raw drivers.
Tube tuners from McIntosh (3), Heath, Dyna, Scott etc.
Records.
RtoR Pioneer, Ampex
Integrated Lafayette, Eico.
Lots of parts.

It was hard to tell how much audio was there. It was priced well usualy and off it went to someones trunk quickly. I am sure some of the guys will add items they saw to the list.

Thank you to all that stoped in to say hello. I had a great time and signed up for September 21, 22 2007 while I was there.

Al

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Kutztown meet report. - Al Nico 18:04:44 05/12/07 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.