Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Time travel to 1972

Having lived as an adult during both periods, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to it. I'd prefer going further back to the mid '50s when the nation seemed to have been in its period of relative seemingly optimism and height of population innocence. Things were brewing underneath but for Joe Q Public it was not apparently until a few years later. Yes, we had McCarthyism and other even bigger problems but until the Cuban missile crisis brought the threat into our homes via television. From then on the Red Scare was more personal and life seemed to continue to explode with more complexities, challenges and societal issues and disruptions. Since then is has never stabilized nor has the nation enjoyed anything like the earlier period in terms of peace and tranquility. With the advent of the web and immediate mass communications I do not see it ever going back to the "good old days" as hysteric sensationalism is becoming a norm society needs as a fix.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Time travel to 1972 - Brian Levy 07:29:27 05/12/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.