In Reply to: RE: I just had a really scary thought.. posted by Bold Eagle on June 10, 2007 at 09:27:27:
by maybe 2 years.
The Stereo Review review of the original (aka 1st Gen "Large" Advent tho not called that till after the Small version appeared. Kloss preferred not to refer to them as large and small, but rather claimed that they were just two versions of the SAME speaker, that happened to have different box sizes and impedences) was March, 1970, and the review on the Small Advent appeared in May of 1972. Generally SR did not review pre-production versions, but bought items off the shelf, so that means the intoduction of each of these occurred some months prior in order for Julian's operation to do the review and get it printed. The May 72 issue would have appeared in mid April 72.
Anyhow Utah was building speakers as I described as well all through this same period, and the list pricing was very close to the Advent prices, typically $100 ea for one (AS or ported) with 12 inch woofer, 8 inch cone mid and 3 1/2 inch cone tweeter in a 23 or 25 inch high box.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - I just had a really scary thought.. - DavidLD 05:31:23 06/09/07 (8)
- RE: I just had a really scary thought.. - BillH 12:54:50 06/10/07 (0)
- RE: I just had a really scary thought.. - Bold Eagle 09:27:27 06/10/07 (3)
- I was a little off on my dates - DavidLD 12:26:31 06/10/07 (2)
- RE: I just had a really scary thought.. - ESDI-80 22:35:50 06/09/07 (0)
- I wonder - www.records 20:58:35 06/09/07 (0)
- RE: I just had a really scary thought.. - JohnG 12:31:53 06/09/07 (0)