Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Why?

I'd like to have my wife in 1972, since we both wasted alot of time on other foolish endeavors & pursuits that crashed and burned and scarred our children, we didn't meet til 1989. I'd be happy with that a Quad of Stacked Advents, My current Ariston Audio RD11S would be fine along with I believe the Mayware Formula IV was available and toss in an Original ADC XLM, and a Denon DL103. For Tuner My Sherwood 3000 would probably do nicely, along with The Heathkit SP2 Preamp, and W5M Monoblocks.. Hey I got all that now exceptin for the Mayware which I traded for a VPI JMW 10, and don't have the Denon yet, and also my Advents (only have 2) neeed recone and possible xovere tune up. My original setup in 70 was an AR with a Grado F2 I believe I paid $60 for the cartridge with the table at E.J. Korvettes (I think the table was $90) a midwest Hi Fi / Department store they pretty much sold everything, I used a Integrated Lafayette Stereo Tube Amp 6BQ5's.. I kick myself for selling it, for Solid state DUMB. I too would go the route of acquiring the stash of 6SN7's my dad had in the basement surplus milatary (he was an amateur), I'd also get some iron while it was still cheap. He built a Bi Amped mono system out of the GE manual used the Heathkit Electronic Xover and built one on the tweeter amp 6V6's and woofers 6L6's it was really decent for 1960. I currently use the Heath SP2 as my phono preamp, Oracle Delphi w/ Fidelity Research FR-64/x Tonearm Grado Sonata, til I get the other amp back up and other preamp working (Sansui CA 3000/ Marantz 240) I'm using a Sonic Impact and I'll tell you it's quite scary how good $30 can sound, especially thru efficient speakers which DBX Soundfield V are (I paid 30 for the pair and replaced a tweeter)
DagW00d

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Why? - Dagw00d 17:45:42 05/14/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.