Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Burhoe Acoustics update

The line you quoted says, "more bass than before". They did not have blown surrounds before? How wound he have any other standard to compare them too?

I did go to the human speakers sight and you have a valid point that Light Blue was not top of the line, but the description is hardly lackluster (note that I am not saying that you have expressed the opinion that they are lackluster). It states, "The Light Blue Burhoe, with its tall, flat silhouette, offers the kind of accuracy and lack of distortion that, until now, has been available only from loudspeakers in the luxury class." This does not negate my argument.

"For whatever reason you seem to think that it's impossible to improve on the past."

Funny that you would make this statement, given you first claim that I am "making stuff up". It takes a leap of Kirkagardian proportions got form my assertion that "Brian makes a very valid point that it is unwise to haphazardly change a well thought out and executed design." to its "impossible to improve on the past". I certainly agree that is very possible to improve upon the past and I hope we keep doing it.

If you would like to civilly discuss my assertion that it "is unwise to haphazardly change a well thought out and executed design", and "The poster himself said that he basically just bolted a driver that he had lying around, in a box. I suppose it is possible that he might get a good result but the odds against it are astronomical!” maybe we can achieve something positive. I would be happy to continue our discussion. You seem to be taking this as more than a discussion.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.