Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Burhoe Acoustics update

I did "actually" read you post. I saw that you owned them and said "they are what they are and that's nothing more than better than average box speakers." I did not detect much fondness in that statement, but I was not trying to misrepresent you opinion. I can accept that someone can be fond of an average box speaker. Hopefully, you can accept that a person could think otherwise even when they had acutally read you post.

The original poster claimed that the speakers sounded "penominal" in comparison with drivers with a trashed surrond. He also was not familliar with the brand, paid only $10 and was not expecting much. In this context I suspect his assesment was correct.

Brian ponted out that this was an all out effort from a top desingner which makes a huge change in the context of the evaluation. My read is that he was trying to be helpful, not critical. After all, the original poster could bring the speakers to original specs with new surrounds.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.