Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Burhoe Acoustics update

-Without hearing his newly modded speakers you, and others, have no idea whether they represent an improvement or not.

The poster himself sad that he basically just bolted a driver that he had lying around, in a box. I suppose it is possible that he might get a good result but the odds against it are astronomical! It is very unlikely that he would even approach midfi. I do not think Brian is required to listen to every haphazard mixing of boxes and driver to come to his conclusions. You don’t have to put your mouth over the exhaust pipe of a running but to know you wouldn’t like it.

Designing products at a price point can often take more engineering skill than a price is no object. The fact that you are not particularly fond of EPI does not negate the success of the company nor the fact that many people thing very highly of the speakers today.

Brian makes a very valid point that it is unwise to haphazardly change a well thought out and executed design. More so, given that this is a cost-is-no-object design.

I think the Futterman analogy is correct. Why are you getting so upset when the orginal poster is not?

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.