Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Burhoe Acoustics update

Not sure who you think is scolding him, but if you think it is me then you need to talk to my kid to find out what I am like when I am scolding.

Some speaker designs are designed as an integrated system, cabinet, stuffing, etc. and voiced and not computer or spec developed. Burhoe while not as recognized as say Kloss is a genius in creating holistic systems and not simply speaker systems.

While "retired" he was able to create what he could not do and that was a system that was not limited by accountants, production managers, etc. He and Sequerra probably were the last of the low volume, no budget system designers and developers who do not demand gigadollars and were low production and high quality.

Changing out the woofer would be akin to taking a pair of Futtermans and replacing the driver circuits with say a driver from a Dyna ST70. Yes, would work and maybe sound decent but just a compromise.

FWIW, I am not a fanatic for keeping things orignal; just look at my McIntosh C28 with the gold jackset I had installed over the objections of the tech and others.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.