Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Not to worry ...

...I still have the original Light Blue woofers and will get them refoamed when I have some extra cash. The whole reason I grabbed the Burhoes when I saw them, despite owning far too many speakers already, was because I'm a fan of his designs.

For the time being, I'll just enjoy these speakers with the woofers I have on hand. I bought them for another project and will probably end up using them as originally intended -- to replace the woofers and tweeters in a set of mid-'70s BSR two-way speakers that had great solid wood cabinets, but very unimpressive drivers.

To tell the truth, I've been working up the courage for the past two years to do a refoam job myself -- I'm all thumbs and worry that I'll do permanent damage if I screw up. But now that I overcame my resistance to soldering, maybe that's the next logical step.

I do have a pair of EPI M-90 woofers that need a re-foam; maybe that's a good place to start. Refoaming advice/tips are welcome, although I know a search of the archives here will give me lots of great dope on how to do it right.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.