Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Dude...

those hammond transformers are cheap. I used a donor magnavox which ebay will provide for under a 100 bucks. If you are lucky you will get a very nice power supply transformer, a suitable choke, and four nice 6V6's out of the deal. The original output transformers may be used (I probably have a pair I could send you) or you can upgrade to the Hammonds for very little (silk is even better and not too much more). Parts quality need not be top notch. Rat shack resistors and orange drop caps will suffice. Don't get hung up on the part numbers, it's the concept that matters. For example you are looking for a B+ around 300VDC. A normal 120 by 240 power transformer with a bridge rectifier and a CRCRC filter will do the trick cheap (ideally with motor run caps scrounged from discarded AC units).

Rest assured in your amp there is an output transformer. I could not view the schematic in the file format you sent it. If you can convert it to a jpeg, gif, or bmp I can look at it.

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Dude... - Russ57 13:51:25 12/31/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.