Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: A MA6100 owner's point of view

Funny thing about the 6100, I owned 1 for about 10 years, is that when used as an integrated it is not as good as either the preamp or the power amp when used with another unit. The power amp is a really good unit and mating it with an outboard preamp is decent enough to use as a main amp. Also, coupling the preamp with a decent amp likewise shows it is a good preamp. When I needed it sometimes, I'd run my C28 into the power amp and 6100 preamp into my MC250. Just seems that the design team missed something. Possibly an impedance mismatch or power supply limitation. Still, as an integrated amp it is quite good but the pricing is such that a 2100 can be had either with a C26 or if lucky a C28 for the same about or a bit more. I usually suggest a nice C26 or 2 8 with the MC2505 as the alternative. I cases these are sure pretty and not much more. I've never experienced any reliabiltiy issues with either the 5100 or 6100 but I don't push my equipment.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: A MA6100 owner's point of view - Brian Levy 09:01:57 12/11/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.