Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: McIntosh MA-6100 vs. MA-6200

As a proud owner of the 2105 and C-26 yes it can handle those inputs. The C-26 and 28 are VERY similar. The only difference was the phono board. The 28 did have a slightly better one. But how much so?????? After 30 years I'm sure the sublties have faded out a bit. As for digital sources the 26 handles them better than my other systems.

The 2105 / c-26 system sits side by side with my fully modded tube setup. I've been through a ton of gear and heard it all. And these two setups are about as good as audio can get without getting into audio nirvosa and hysterics spending crazy sums of money on hype.

As for speakers I build my own. Ok yes I amp crazy! If you want any detail pics let me know. But IMHO if you can skip the integrated amp skip it. McIntosh really didn't do a good integrated.

If you talk to Audio Classics ask for Frank Gow. Heck of a nice guy and his father was one of the founders of McIntosh. So it's in the blood and doesn't do the hard sell. A weath of info and he knows the amp sells itself.

I would consider the McIntosh almost as an investment. I bought this amp here for one third the cost. And it just keeps going up in price.

charles

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.