Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Re: Am I nuts for considering selling MR78 for Sansui TU?

The 78 is 1 of those tuners you'll rue the day you sold and getting another in the same condition will cost. I've found that you have THE main system and then the toys to play with. Occaisionally a toy will top out a main system unit on early using. Resist the urge to sale the main system piece and use both for some time; I find about a year and during the time chart which you use, which you use longer per session and how long you use the piece before the itch to change hits. After the year, you will be able to see which unit is a long term keeper. I did this to arrive at my main system and have only changed 1 piece in over 30 years and it was for another piece from the same company of the same vintage, just more power as it was needed due to having to replace my 30+ year old speakers. Oh, my preference back then was for the 77 over the 78. Never regretted it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Am I nuts for considering selling MR78 for Sansui TU? - Brian Levy 19:09:42 09/11/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.