In Reply to: Variety is king posted by Gregg on August 7, 2006 at 06:07:03:
Yep, my point exactly. If I want to hear new music beyond the bands that Clear Channel thinks I should hear, options are limited. My stereo system isn't that great (a Scott 299A with Boston A70 speakers) so the sound quality isn't that big of a loss, for me. Wish I could afford a truly great stereo but law school debt plus meager income prevents that from occuring. I had an ipod for a while but it broke and can't be fixed, and it's a pain to use in the car.
There are a lot of stations I don't listen to on XM (and 80's power ballads are certainly one I don't tune in very often) but there are still 10 or 15 stations I rotate through fairly regularly. For $10 per month with no commericals, it's worth it to me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Internet Radio Noise - Peter Breuninger 10:42:16 07/31/06 (18)
- Back to your question - Quiet Earth 09:37:28 08/16/06 (0)
- Errrrr......... - Jimmy 05:56:24 08/02/06 (0)
- Re: Internet Radio Noise - Jon C. 19:31:37 08/01/06 (4)
- Variety of music and the chance . . . - sgmlaw 09:15:19 08/02/06 (3)
- It's what USA's audiences let FM become, made worse, and no longer free. - Timbo in Oz 07:00:25 08/01/06 (10)
- Beg to differ - Gregg 10:55:55 08/01/06 (8)
- I beg to differ. - sgmlaw 17:43:49 08/01/06 (7)
- Re: I beg to lighten up the posts here.......... - Jimmy 07:46:02 08/02/06 (6)
- Re: I beg to lighten up the posts here.......... - Jon C. 18:54:45 08/02/06 (5)
- 'will they ever value better fidelity' - Jimmy 10:25:32 08/03/06 (0)
- That is you Jon, - Jimmy 19:42:01 08/02/06 (3)
- Re: That is you Jon, - Jon C. 04:48:05 08/03/06 (2)
- Need to chime in - Gregg 06:27:50 08/03/06 (1)
- t's all about convenience and marketability....analogue FM can't compete against that...nt - millen 09:51:08 08/03/06 (0)
- Re: It's what USA's audiences let FM become, made worse, and no longer free. - Peter Breuninger 09:49:18 08/01/06 (0)
- Re: Variety is king - Jon C. 10:37:31 08/08/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.