Radio Road

Scott 310-e w/ Mapleshade mod

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  Email  Next ] [ Radio Road ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Last summer I was truly lucky to find a completely stock Scott 310-e. It came from the estate of a retired Scott quality control engineer. The unit was to say the least, in mint condition with original everything including wood case. It seemed to work great and sounded just lovely! Until I got the urge to get a Mapleshade mod performed.

I had seen from time to time Mapleshade modded Scott tuners for sale on Audiogon but they never seemed to last very long. So I started to do research as much as I could about the mod and found many user comments to be extremely satisfied ones. So I made the call.

Mapleshade is only about an two hours from my home, so I made arrangements to meet Pierre Sprey, President of Mapleshade Records, halfway between our locations. I was very pleased Pierre made the offer to meet me, it saved me a longer drive and any possibility of damage if I had elected to ship the tuner. I very much appreciated this customer consideration.

So where are we...Well, the tuner has been back for a while now and I just can't say enough how great it sounds, "CD quality" clarity was an underling theme I kept reading while researching the companies tuner mod, and they were very accurate with this assessment, and it all somehow still retained the tube sound magic. Truly a great mod and I highly recommend it to any Scott tuner owner.

Disclose; I have no affiliation with the company other than the recent worked performed, nor was I asked to make any postings or received any discounts thereafter. Actually, if there was one thing I felt could deter some, it would be the price as there are other mods out there to be had for cheaper but in my case I believe it was money well spent.

Follow Ups: