Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: AM Radio

Hi, AM lives in my life. FM is dead. It would be back if they had some live music broadcasted. WHOM on top of Mount Washington has just started their Xmas music and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. The dial gets turned. I am a house painter and need music in the background to keep the work flow going. I could not paint without music.
There is a little AM station in Bath Maine with no ads and run by just one man, named Bob. He takes just enough donations to pay the electric bill he says. What I like about this station is that you cannot figure out the format so it makes the day just cruise along fine. Here is an example from the other day.......Jimmy Dean PT 109, a collection of hits from the Sound of Music, Sinatra's One For My Baby, Perry Comos Bali Hai, and Thelma Harper singing The Lights Went out in Georgia. I know when it's noon because they play the Star Spangled Banner or Kate Smith belting out God Bless America. AM can still do justice to her last note!....WJAB, Bath Maine.
There was another station I loved called the BAY or WBAY. They had celebs like Peter Marshall from the Squares and much like the above format. Anyone recall that station? It has vanished from my dial. Am is alive for me....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: AM Radio - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 11:00:25 11/18/16 (2)
    • Thanks - jedrider 12:31:47 11/18/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.