Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

DIY & a WAF surprise! An Australian electronics magazine recently had a plan and article on a similar device!

Not quite as long in the boom as that one.

(NB This response refers to my 'new antenna' thread, as well, and to posts at Central about surgery!)

But in talking to TMFW&F (click below), who also loves ABC Classic FM (and probably loves TV more than me) - about how I could build it and then do the work myself up on the roof, climbing up and down ladders, lowering and raising the big heavy, old DIY sleeved tubing mast .....
At age 65 and having had hernia surgery twice in the last year?! Silly me!

Well, she put her foot down.

In short I was NOT going to be doing any of that dangerous stuff - AND that we would pay someone to replace the existing array for both FM and DTV. We agreed on a maximum amount and it's now done, as you can see and read below.

We came in on budget - by keeping the old, heavy and strong mast, but bolted it to the house more firmly. So that's my DIY bit,

so far.

We will soon be re-hanging a random-wire AM BCB antenna from that mast - via another mast I built - to a neighbours place, but I think I will just be supervising! ;-)

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

Edits: 03/03/16 03/03/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • DIY & a WAF surprise! An Australian electronics magazine recently had a plan and article on a similar device! - Timbo in Oz 15:41:20 03/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.