Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Are you really restricted to a small indoor antenna?

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Awe-d-o-file, The St-2 is manufactured by Metz. I do agree with you, not a very good antenna. I've probably owned it for 15+ years. I listen to two stations, both connected to local colleges. The one I listen to the most, is the noisy one. The other station comes in completely quiet.

The reason I asked about the cable, was that with the antenna in the same place, I got different levels of noise with different cables. The one no-named one causing less noise. The cheap Monster would change noise levels, as I moved it around.

For now, a roof antenna is not possible, between cost, and installation,I am sticking with an indoor antennas. I am somewhat of a DIY guy, but have a fear of heights, so I can't get on the roof. The attic is full of insulation, no way for me to get up there, once again height issues. None of my friends can help me with heights. Any Asylum members in Milwaukee?

I don't think it is a signal strength issue, as the Etude is showing around 9 out of 10 on the meter.

Does anyone have pics of the Rhombic antenna? I have no trouble with the terminal blocks, and the resistors, I just don't follow how the antenna itself is built. I will reread those instructions again. I might want to try a dipole again first. Can anyone recommend a quality balun? I'll need one anyway, if I build the Rhombic.

I have found the antenna in the link below, they make some big claims. Has anyone tried one?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.