Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

In all honesty, none have been turned on in over a year;...

...;in fact I do not believe that the 7500 has ever been powered up by me. The 517 was the last to be used. The 2001A actually did alright for listening to a football game or casual "backround" listening; contrary to the TIC. I picked up the 419, and later the 240, for basically the same reason for when I was talking on the phone to a sports/music-minded friend; it has presets that made it easy to switch between listening to the sucky Dolphins and another broadcast Gary and I were talking about.

The 517 was the only one that I got (in an antique mall; priced $125, offered $100, it was accepted.) because I knew that it was supposed to be a good tuner. I used that for NPR's "Pipe Dreams". But due to really carpy signals where I live, I finally gave up on radio. There is a religious station next to the station the carried "Pipe Dreams" whose bandwidth was so wide the it basically made my station un-listenable. There is another station up in West Palm Beach that carries "Pipe Dreams" that I can receive fairly well (a better antenna would help; but, as I stated above, I have given up on radio) but its scheduled broadcast times do not coincide with my listening times. Now, if I want to listen to "Pipe Dreams", I stream it from the computer.

As to why do I have the tuners if I do not listen to them? Well, why do any of us have the stuff that we do?

Later Gator,
Dave
Find more about Weather in Chester, SC

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • In all honesty, none have been turned on in over a year;... - J. S. Bach 10:10:45 01/13/15 (1)
    • 'zackly - mhardy6647 18:57:19 01/13/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.