Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

antenna needs

Greetings All,

I've got a wonderful NAD 412 tuner that I love. For a variety of reasons which are irrelevant I have never had it in my main system, I used it for background music. For another variety of reason that are also irrelevant I now have it in my main system and am becoming very annoyed with the ugly rabbit ear antenna I use.

Can anyone recommend a good antenna that isn't such an eyesore! I know it is hard to get around physics when considering antennas but perhaps there is a clever design out there that has enough clean gain to reduce the size etc...

The NAD 412 uses a coax input and I believe that is it. Typical of NAD it punches above its weight but is not truly high fi so absurdly expensive antennas would probably be wasted. I don't think directional antennas would do much good although I don't know much about them. I suspect the transmission locations are too spread out where I live to get much use out of a directional antenna.

Thanks for your time.

Nate

You can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump -- W.C. Fields

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - antenna needs - texanater 10:38:56 11/11/14 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.