Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Panasonic SG-999 help with tuner stringing

I have a vintage Panasonic SG-999 which I just finished repairing and making good as new with one exception - I forgot to note the string traversal for the tuner control! DHOOOAAAH!! I have no idea how to rewrap it and the service manual I have doesn't show it. Maybe it's not complete or maybe it was never in there. In any case - anyone have any experience with how this string goes back on? I posted pics of the various flywheels. In some cases there is a upper and lower on the same axle, which I labeled Xa and Xb accordingly. All axle points are numbered 1-9. High res pic here at this link http://home.comcast.net/~jimkarl/sg_99_string.jpg

Also, the reason I tool it off int he first place was it was slipping pretty badly - even though it was tight. I bought some violin rosin and have rubbed that over the string. Previously, I tried rubbing alcohol to dry it, but wasn't seeing any improvement with that so was hoping the rosin would work. Assuming I can get this back together to begin with, anything better to put on the string to make it catch the tuner shaft better?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Panasonic SG-999 help with tuner stringing - jimkarl 19:54:03 10/29/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.