Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

After I posted yesterday

I re-read your post, and realized you were talking about the exterior wall, not the interior wall. My apologies for not reading as carefully as I should have, and jumping on the "Be a man" bandwagon.

The structural concerns of installing an outdoor antenna (roof leaks, proper grounding, etc.) are valid ones, and make a lot more sense to me than a 3/8" drywall hole (i.e. Tellig). I paid to have a roof antenna installed on my last house, almost 20 years ago, and had a good friend who's a contractor, help me with the one on my current abode. Leaks concern me too, especially on the roof!

I'm glad you're considering an attic antenna. If you have the room, you could go as far as a mast mounted, motor rotated Yagi. If you don't, consider Timbo's often recommended Rhombic DIY antenna (Asylum link below).

Regarding your sick wife, I'm sorry to hear you're both going through that. I have experienced a family member suffering the irrationality that sickness and medication can cause. "Stressful" doesn't even begin to cover it.

Hang in there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.