Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Tuner Center Meter Adjustment - Sherwood SEL200

Have a Sherwood SEL200 receiver and scratching my head. The center tuning meter when the unit is turned off is mechanically centered. When in FM mode, at maximum signal strength per that meter, the center tune meter is off center. When I tune the station to its quietest point it conforms to the signal strength meter and when I tune it to center the meter, the station is definitely not at its center. It is noisy and can even have switched to mono.

Just got the manual and looking at the schematic I found a pot to adjust the signal strength meter but there is none for the center channel meter. I had expected some kind of adjustment or something like a wein bridge for the meter but, nada.

Reading the alignment has the only reference to the center channel meter. It says something like to adjust the hush control for minimal which should be within 1 division + or - of 1 division of the center channel meter. The meter is off by about 2 markers. For you tuner gurus, is it a reasonable conclusion that the hush control adjustment should be adjusted and it will get the meter to center? Seems to be a bit odd bit with Sherwood engineering anything is possible. Am looking for a bit of guidance before trying to dig into this heavy dog as it has a wood sleeve and for me a bit unwieldy at this time.

I can live with it as and just use the signal strength meter. But, my Sherwood tuners each have only a center channel meter and it feels a bit sacrilegious.

Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Tuner Center Meter Adjustment - Sherwood SEL200 - Brian Levy 12:48:27 08/22/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.