Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Need advice on "running" a bank of 20 turners

I guess I've taken the hoarding of tuners to the next level, but I need your advice in any event. I've had a cabinet/shelving unit built to house my 20 tuners, and I would like to use some type of switching device to be able to allow the selection and playing of any one tuner.

So, I was looking at purchasing two of the Kramer Electronics VS-101AV switching units. Each Kramer unit has 10 inputs each for both audio and composite video. Therefore, here are my questions: (1) Can the composite video connection be used for FM connectivity? (2) Would you see an issue using this type of device to allow for switching of FM tuners? My goal is to connect each 10-position switch to one of my AUX inputs on my preamp and then I could select to hear a tuner by selecting the proper AUX input on my tuner, and then selecting the proper input on the Kramer. (3) Or, is there a better choice or approach you would recommended?

Now, I do understand that I still have to figure out how I'm going to have to split the initial coax from the antennae and then split each resulting lead into 10 more so each lead can be connected to the back of a tuner (which will then be connected by both coax and audio cables) to the Kramer. Any ideas on how to do this without excessive "loss" would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Need advice on "running" a bank of 20 turners - midshipman 10:04:39 06/19/14 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.