Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Marantz 10B eBay fraud attempt - IF alignment.

The factory designed the i.f. so it should never need an alignment. Included in the process was an alignment and then cooking the tuner (literally) and then touching it up. I understand that after a final check the cans were sealed so non-factory persons could not align the tuner. Then Marantz never published a service manual or alignment procedures that would be different from other tuners due to the design. I believe there are or were only 2 persons walking above ground who know how to do it.

Though Marantz took extreme steps, it is not to say that after all these decades and with i.f. tube changes the tuner will not possibly benefit from an alignment but, I doubt someone who is literally THE 10b expert could do it with positive results unless the tuner had been in some way compromised in a material way.

I would suggest treating it similarly as someone buying an amp from you and then claiming he had to have some dismantle the output transformers and rewind them.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Marantz 10B eBay fraud attempt - IF alignment. - Brian Levy 11:13:35 03/09/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.