Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Finally working on twinlead FM antennas in rafters

FM reception is marginal for the stations we listen to. Have I tried a good antenna? Well I'm about to. Our main listening room is one story and shares a wall with the garage. There is an entry to the crawl space from the garage. I now have the first of 3 twinlead FM antennas installed. I pulled 3 lines for a planned 3 antennas. The first is a folded dipole about 10 ft. wide and is in place and in use. This will be my "omni" as it helps on most of the stations, but I will be adding 2 rhombics. fmfool shows that there are stations of interest on the compass at 325 deg. and 15 deg. There is 1 station at 15deg. just over a mile away, but I think we're actually too close, given the elevation difference. Next up is the first of the 2 rhombics. Looking at the 3 twin leads hanging out the wall, I'm thinking I should install a rotary switch in the wall to clean things up and select the antenna to the tuner.

The rhombics are straightforward, but working in the rafters is taxing. I sure hope it pays off with high fidelity FM.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Finally working on twinlead FM antennas in rafters - cootcraig 06:18:55 12/12/13 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.