Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Explain to me how a rotor works

You've got your motor, that's the green unit in the picture. The mast, which holds the antenna, fits into a hole in the motor. They are attached to the lower mast (mine uses clamps).

The black box is the controller, which is kept inside the house. It plugs into the wall (AC). The controller has three terminals on the back, to which a three wire ribbon cable is attached. That cable is run to the roof, and attached to the rotor.

The motor turns the mast which has been inserted into it, and so the antenna turns. The controller will only allow the antenna to rotate 360ยบ, and it stops. Then you have to rotate it back around the other way. This is to prevent the signal cable from becoming twisted.

This is clear as mud, I know. I'm tired, and feel like I'm not making a lot of sense here. Hopefully it'll give you a general idea, and if you have any more questions, ask away! It really is a very simple system.

Oh yes, and since it's "safety first", have you grounded your mast? Whether you add a rotor or not, the antenna should be grounded.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.