Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Last, or latest?

yeah, that's true! but most of the time in my system I can tell pretty quick if I will like them or not. The Sonicaps were too neutral for from the get go and I thought they would eventually come around but I was wrong. Not too long after the upgrades in the power supply caps (Elna Cerafine) I started to notice things I didn't like, Plus since I got a Difference preamp now (BAT) I really started to hear their short comings more than before. I bought the Sonicaps due to space restrictions and cost and wanted to try them for the first time since I heard a lot about them, I usually use Auricaps due to there slightly warm nice mids. But now I said forget that and put in the Jupiters (my first choice was the Jensen Copper foil but way to big to fit for the value I needed).

The Jupiters so far are what I've been wanting in the SUMO Charlie for a while and are coming around nicely. Soundstage has really widen up and got deeper than yesterday. Everything is going in the RIGHT direction so far and the vocals, strings, and horns are just wonderful sounding. another thing I noticed is that there is like a dark background and what I mean less hiss type noise that I heard way more with the Sonicaps but doesn't get in the way of the cymbal decay or upper highs, nothing is rolled is what I mean. It's almost like I put a tube output stage on the tuner (if that makes any sense) there is no more of that irritating edge on the vocals, strings and horns which I thought was coming from the station.

I will post back later in the week but so far...I'm very happy with these Jupiter caps and so far they are what the GOOD reviews have said.

I been told about the Russian K40 caps and have heard some good comments about them. may have to try them soon.

I hope this helps others out!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Last, or latest? - Cougar 07:26:32 08/03/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.