Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Tivoli not cutting it.

Ok, I don't hang out in this asylum, so please forgive me if my question is already archived - I am looking for the easy answer here.

I have a Tivoli with detached speaker in my office. This was originally purchased for my wife but she had trouble getting the stations she wanted to listen to from her 3rd story downtown office building. "But honey," I said at the time, "this thing is supposed to be great at pulling in stations." Now, it is in my office and, of course, even using the ribbon antenna, it doesn't pull in the stations that I want. I am primarily trying to tune in a high powered station located about an hour away - that I have no trouble whatsoever pulling in with my stock Ford Explorer stereo tuner. The Tivoli locks on a local station at 106.5 and will not even pick up the station I want, which is 106.1, and my Ford has no trouble at all locking on the 106.1 with no interference whatsoever from the 106.5 station.

My questions for your guys are; is there something else (special antenna, etc.) I can do so the Tivoli will do better at pulling in and locking on stations or, is there another reasonably low priced small (Tivoli sized) radio you can suggest that has a superior tuner and that will do a great job at locking on stations?

Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Tivoli not cutting it. - mitch2 07:27:20 03/16/12 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.