Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Purist FM is even better! ;-)!

I agree, I have not had a tuner in my system for years. Since large corporations have been buying up all the radio stations FM has gone to the dogs. I have been collecting music for years and you'd have to be brain dead to listen to radio for more than a few minutes during a day, or week. Most stations barely play enough songs to fill a 1 gig mp3 player.

With that being said some stations actually are using their HD stations to provide some decent alternatives. The mentioned K-SHE has a "free forum" classic Rock station. Another has a station called "deep tracks" which I really like. You can actually hear some Jazz as well, although one station has their Jazz in mono, apparently quality isn't their first priority.

Even HD is merely background for work or the car though, a tuner would not come close to sounding as good as a nice CD player or turntable, and if I'm going to sit between the speakers I want to listen to good music with good sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Purist FM is even better! ;-)! - Mr Peabody 17:53:49 02/13/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.