Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

We have two kinds of good public radio here, a national network

The Australian Braodcast Commission which has 4 digital TV channels, one bing 24/7 news. TV3 is for kids and closes about dinner time<. TV@ is for reruns and repeats.

It has two mono radio networks, local stations, and Radio National. Some are on FM and all are wide audio bandwidth. Ther staions in major centres have many miles of reach on big AM transmitters

There are two national FM networks, each with BIG main transmitters and babies for smaller places with clout. One for the yoof, compressed and just like a commercial FM rock station, compressed and all that, but more politically (in)correct and satirical, and focussed on Aussie musicians. You acn listen on line, it's called TripleJ.

Then there's ABC Classic FM which I listen to a LOT. Mostly classical a bit of Jazz and some World and MoR for drive-times. NO commercials but a fair few promos. No Dynamic Range compression, no Eq, no processing. LOts of live real stereo acoustic concerts. Better than CD.

The there are local community licensees and one of ours her in Canberra does use a bit of compression, but does lots of music, blues, folk, classic R&R, etc etc.

So it's worth having a really good tuner with good wide audio-BW AM. And good antennas for both.

Does the 110 have a polarity or phase switch 0/180. Mac pre tuners often do.

Warmest

Tim Bailey

Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • We have two kinds of good public radio here, a national network - Timbo in Oz 23:34:37 10/21/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.