Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Star wars

"Dang this tube is hot and fast. This is like Star Wars or Star Trek...like going from regular speed to warp speed. Midrange goes wide and deep and the highs are blazing."
I mentioned this tube, because it is one of the best 12AX7 made ever. But, if you compared this sort of sound to the real live performance, you would have to consider that this tube sound wouldn't be airy enough!
Why do I think so? I have visited more than 200 orchestral performances over the last ten years. I was shocked every time , when I came home and ran my amps after live concert. Dull, boring, slow. The real thing was fast, dry airy, explosive... E.g. you can't hear bass, mid frequencies and highs divided from each other. The real thing is one part. Much more airy than you could imagine.
You could save a lot of money: Visit a live performance with a not amplified big band or orchestra. Take front seats, because the microphones are very close to the musicians. Then go home and listen to your system. You will be shocked, I promise you. And you will love your GE tubes and search for much more airy tubes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.