Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

my opinion- for what it's worth.

I'm designing a RIAA preamp myself. I've decided that getting the gain up(no pun intended)to a workable level before I monkey around with the EQ is my best road to venture down. I'm using a cascode. I know they produce more even ordered harmonics but I would rather listen to that than odd ordered harmonics. I'm using an unequal cascode with a hi-mu-high transconductance tube on bottom and a 12AX7 for the grounded grid. This is DC coupled to a second stage common cathode-anode follower which is DC coupled to a cathode follower. There is only one capacitor in the feedback loop and I may get rid of that with a servo amp. Thought I would split up the RIAA part feedback and part passive. The cascode produces enough gain that I can drive just about any passive filter and have plenty left over. PressON!Soldier of fortune James

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • my opinion- for what it's worth. - j.l.guillebeau@att.net 12:13:35 02/19/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.