Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Both....

I see that the two designs have more in common than they do in differences. Sure, maybe one is in favor of transformer splitting and the other guy is opposed to that. But really they are both wonderfull designs IMHO and I would be happy to have either one. I suppose at this time I lean towards Allen's but mostly this is because I feel it would be easier for me to build using triode connected KT90's. I am just not familar enough with IDHT's and all the tricks associated with them. If uncle sam is kind to me in regards to an income tax refund I hope to get started on one in the next month or two. I will certainly be looking for lots of help on the CCS end as I have no prior experience. I also admit to having the preconcieved notion that the end result will so surpass anything I have previously owned that I may not be able to do it justice in a review. I am hoping that some asylum members in my area will be willing to give it a listen and honestly critique and compare it, especially to a SET as I don't have one. In short I don't feel one could go wrong with either design and that's it more a matter of personal taste. In closing I would also like to say how greatfull I am to these gentlemen for sharing thier ideas and work.

Russ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Both.... - Russ57 09:30:01 04/10/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.