In Reply to: Re: Cathode Feedback posted by groverg on January 26, 2004 at 21:31:37:
Well, now you're stretching my memory. However, I think I tried cathode FB alone, not with NFB. I was hoping it might serve as a non-global substitute. In the end, I decided the amp sounded pretty good with lots of NFB, so that's what I used.
I'll add that I think NFB is generally unavoidable with pentodes. All my pentode amps (PP and SE) exhibit an odd sound when NFB is removed, a sort of paper-like rubbing sound or breathing underneath complex tones. I think it's due to IM, but that's just a guess based on some tests I performed many years ago (produced the same sound). Unfortunately, I no longer have an IM analyzer. :(
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - KT90 SE UL update - groverg 13:40:13 01/26/04 (11)
- Re: KT90 SE UL update - Kyle K 16:39:32 01/26/04 (1)
- Re: KT90 SE UL update - groverg 18:01:56 01/26/04 (0)
- Re: KT90 SE UL update - NickChua 16:14:54 01/26/04 (8)
- Cathode Feedback - Dave Cigna 05:45:36 01/27/04 (0)
- Re: KT90 SE UL update - groverg 18:03:20 01/26/04 (6)
- Re: KT90 SE UL update - NickChua 19:21:53 01/26/04 (5)Follow Ups
- Re: Cathode Feedback - Triode Kingdon 10:20:44 01/27/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.